Pro Bono Opportunities
The U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida often has pro bono opportunities available for volunteer counsel. Provided below are current pro bono opportunities:
- None at this time.
Brief case descriptions and copies of the CM/ECF dockets for these matters are available for review on the district court’s website (https://www.flmd.uscourts.gov/pro-bono-appointments-civil-cases).
As part of its commitment to community service, the Southwest Florida Federal Court Bar Association will help find pro bono counsel for indigent pro se litigants in civil cases in federal court (that is, lawyers who volunteer their time to help people who are parties to litigation in federal court but who cannot afford a lawyer, only in civil cases, not criminal cases). If you would like to submit a request for volunteer pro bono assistance for a civil case you are litigating in federal court in Fort Myers, please send your request to Kyle Dudek at email@example.com.
Please note that the Southwest Florida Federal Court Bar Association does not provide professional liability insurance for volunteer attorneys, and submitting a request for assistance does not create an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Nor is there any guarantee that the Association will be able to find a volunteer attorney to contact you. You will remain solely responsible for the prosecution of your lawsuit.
To achieve our mission and vision, the Association:
- Sponsors quality education programs for members and the public;
- Keeps members informed of current developments in the law;
- Addresses issues raised by members and judiciary concerning local federal practice;
- Provides members opportunities to assume leadership roles and perform community service; and
- Sponsors events to encourage collegiality, civility, and professionalism among members.