2023 Federal Judicial Panel and Luncheon
In April 2023, Fed Bar teamed up with the Collier County Bar Association, Trial Law Section to hold a judicial panel discussion. Judges Chappell, Steele, Mizell, and Dudek participated in the event, which was held at the Hilton in Naples.
Before a full ballroom of trial lawyers, the Judges spoke about their tips and insight on trial practice in federal court. More specifically, they discussed trial practice in Southwest Florida. A host of trial- and litigation-related topics were addressed. Some of the issues included technology, professionalism, and trial strategy.
The discussion was both lively and illuminating. What’s more, attendees earned CLE credits and a free lunch (generously sponsored by the Middle District of Florida through its Bench Bar Funds). Based on the rave reviews, it’s safe to say the event was a huge success. And we hope to join forces with the Trial Law Section in future years to put on more quality programming for the bench and bar in Southwest Florida.
To achieve our mission and vision, the Association:
- Sponsors quality education programs for members and the public;
- Keeps members informed of current developments in the law;
- Addresses issues raised by members and judiciary concerning local federal practice;
- Provides members opportunities to assume leadership roles and perform community service; and
- Sponsors events to encourage collegiality, civility, and professionalism among members.